What is Civil Contractors Insurance?
This is a combination of a number of different insurance policies that contractors working on large projects might need to meet their contractual requirements and protect their assets correctly. These contractors might be Earthmovers, Heavy Specialty Trades, Truck Operators, Crane Operators, Commercial Builders, Roadworkers, Plant & Machinery Hire Companies or Operators.
The covers they usually require consist of:
- Public & Products Liability Insurance (often with either principals and/or contractual liability cover)
- Contract Works Insurance (this might be for their full contract value or maybe a difference of excess with the principal contractor)
- Plant & Equipment Insurance (which could be extended to cover hired in plant instead of relying on the hire companies damage waivers)
- Pollution / Environmental Insurance (because not all loses might become apparent whilst on-site. Or they might involve things like asbestos which would be excluded by other policies)
- Directors & Officers Insurance (usually when accidents happen on large job sites they attract additional media scrutiny that can result in more likely investigations and legal proceedings)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance (this might come in the form of a specialised cover called design & construct and in the current insurance market is not an easy placement depending on tasks performed)
Ask yourself one question. Does your insurer or broker provide all of the following? We Do!
Complimentary no obligation insurance review
Advice and Recommendations based on your individual circumstances
Marketing of your insurance to local and international insurers
Claims advocating meaning you don’t have to deal with insurers
Premium funding and extended credit terms
Personal Account Manager to handle all your enquiries
“Civil Contractors are great clients for our firm. We’ve had a number of success stories of clients that started with 1 digger and now have a fleet of over 25 machines. Given the contracts they often find themselves in constant communication is vital for this occupation.”
Scott Norton – Managing Director
General Advice Disclaimer
The information on this website is to be regarded as general advice. Your personal objectives, needs and financial circumstances were not taken into account when preparing this website content. We recommend that you consider the suitability of this general advice, in respect of your objectives, financial situation and needs before acting on it. You should obtain and consider the relevant product disclosure statement and Financial Services Guide from Norton & Co Insurance before making any decision to purchase a financial product.
Copyright © Norton & Co Insurance. All Rights Reserved. Norton Group Pty Ltd t/as Norton & Co Insurance ACN: 628 176 787 | ABN 11 628 176 787 | Authorised Representative No. 1267019 is an Authorised Representative of Aviso EIA Pty Ltd ABN: 37 097 567 710 AFSL: 239049